Tassers and Sue Ann

Tassers and Sue Ann
We're talking about the HOT weather!

Saturday, November 5, 2011

STEAMPUNK!

Hi, Folks . . . have you gotten on board with the Steampunk genre?
I've been intrigued by it for awhile now and decided to step waaay out of my comfort zone to dabble a bit.  While browsing through the craft magazines at Barnes and Noble, I saw the cover of the Sept/Oct issue of Cloth*Paper*Scissors and had to take a closer look.  Doll artist Paula Nerhus has created some very cute, interesting steampunk art dolls and gives instructions on how to make them in this issue.  I have never worked with clay, so it became a big labor intensive project for me, but finally finished this dolly last night.  I already had paint, fabric and many doodads that qualified as steampunk accessories, so all I had to purchase was the paper clay and I was ready to go.  Now, if I intend to add dolls to my ever growing list of creative endeavors, I need to establish my own "look".  But Ms. Nerhus provided the inspiration to step away from what I'm comfortable with, so thanks, Paula.

15 comments:

  1. All I can say is WOW! She is so wonderful! You are a natural with this clay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool, and way to embrace a whole new set of techniques :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, Joanne and Katy . . . appreciate your nice comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. a new way to look at doll making, it compries your experience of bear making and aesthetic, keep going... lots of excitment seems to happen :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much, Susana . . . I appreciate you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello
    Tassers and Sue Ann
    Amazing blog post as always! I am very glad to see your post, I located what I was in search of here
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi
    Plenty of helpful info here, Excellent publish admin! Keep up your work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello
    STEAMPUNK!
    I really believe that this unique passage is a nice write-up! Keep doing what you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sue Ann, I love this doll!!! It is wonderful. I love all othe "doodads" you have used. I am very intrigued by the steampunk genre, and I think I'd like to do something with it in my art, but it seems somehow out of reach...You have done a wonderful job with it as it seems to flow seamlessly from your wonderful classic and vintage style bears

    ReplyDelete
  10. THANKS FOR THE LOVELY COMMENTS! I AM GLAD YOU LIKE THE POST ASWELL! MORE TO COME!

    Soft Toys -

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you've recently spent time shopping for a plush toy or stuffed animal for that special someone in your life, you've undoubtedly come across hundreds and hundreds of plush teddy bears, jungle animals, cats, dogs and other cute and cuddly plush creatures. But what if you are tired of the same old stuffed bears and monkeys that you can find everywhere and that everyone already has? Well, if you're searching for something soft and plushy that is very different from your traditional stuffed animals, there are plenty of options out there for all ages. funny teddy bear names

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Thank you for nice information
    Please visit our website unimuda and uhamka"

    ReplyDelete

JUDD

JUDD

JUDD

JUDD